Here it is:
7 Steps for Successful Close to the Campaign, March 5th edition:
(1) Run out the Clock. No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed until it is ripe for execution. Do not discuss the end game but merely state that things are either going as planned or better than expected. Hillary can’t catch up in the pledged delegates so the race is all about momentum now. Reduce his while creating it for her. Winning states is preferable to losing but losing is still OK. Remember the Clinton campaign is the underdog and Obama is a magic media darling. So if Obama can’t knock Hillary out, he’s a loser for failing to close the deal. Play to the end and dismiss any talk of the delegates because the delegate count is irrelevant. And never let them see you sweat (I’m talking to you Wolfson).
(2) Attack. A new ruler must determine all the injuries that she will need to inflict. She must inflict them once and for all. The only path to the nomination is to win ugly. To that end you must do whatever is necessary to bring Obama’s positives down and drive negatives up. The Obama is a Muslim rumor plays well. So does the Obama as lightweight meme. Create a negative narrative about Obama (preferably about a perceived strength) and push it.
(3) Work the refs. You must propel the propaganda. Aggressively push the media to present your narratives. Criticize the media as biased when they fail to play along. Chris Matthews is your friend if you feed him right. He’s also a fool you can bash and claim victim status if he fails to play along. This is a win-win.
(4) Win the message of the day. Political chaos is connected with the decay of language. There is a story of the day every day – write it, control it, spin it, and push it relentlessly. If an Obama campaign worker gets a parking ticket, imply that Obama is a scofflaw, if that’s your narrative. If the narrative is that Obama is a lightweight empty suit, say if he can’t even control his staff, how’s he gonna be the leader of the free world. It does not matter how trivial the issue is, fit it into your narrative and push it relentlessly.
(4) Get Inside. It is better to appear virtuous than it is to be virtuous. Ensure that loyalists and double agents are placed on the key committees that set the rules at the convention. Delegates can be challenged, denied the vote, and the game can be rigged. It has been done before, notably at the 1912 republican convention when party insiders denied the nomination to the popular vote winner, Teddy Roosevelt. This is a delicate maneuver so the appearance of fairness should be maintained whenever possible.
(5) Change the rules. The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. HRC won the vote in two states (MI – FL) that are prohibited from allocating delegates to the nomination convention. These states violated party rules and lost the right to send delegates to the convention. It does not matter that the candidates did not campaign there or if Obama’s name was even on the ballot. The Voters cannot be disenfranchised by their party, especially the Florida voters who were disenfranchised in 2000. Obviously, the rules must be changed (see step 4, above) and these delegates must be seated.
(6) Embrace the Smoke Filled Room. The Automatic Delegates (formerly known as Super Delegates) need to understand the consequence of their support or lack thereof. Appeals to virtue should be embraced and appeals to vice should be tacitly extended. There are always deals to be made and arms to be twisted whether they involve the carrot, the stick or both. And remember .....there is something on everybody. Man is conceived in sin and born in corruption. He passes from the stink of the dydie to the stench of the shroud... There's ALWAYS something. There should be no doubt in the mind any Automatic Delegate on the consequences of their conduct.
(7) Burn the Damn House Down. Politics have no relation to morals. Winning isn’t everything, it is the only thing. If the steps above have failed to secure the nomination you must be prepared to sacrifice the Party for the greater good. Great accomplishments require great risk. Here, division will be our ally. We are prepared to divide the party, shatter it along racial, sectarian, and demographic lines. Then we claim the bigger half. And from the resulting chaos, we will conquer and claim HER rightful place. In the end, Hillary is running against John McCain one way or another whether it is in 2008 or 2012, after McCain has beaten a fatally damaged candidate…....so leave no stone left un-cast. Al Gore is not our role model; there will be no Al Gore Style Concession Speeches.
With our new insight to upcoming delegate de-credentializing debaucle, here is the rest of the strategy, all laid out.