What are the Top Conservative Novels since the 1950 written by American Authors? Drum roll. The NRO has this awesome list.
1. Advise and Consent, by Allen Drury
2. Midcentury, by John Dos Passos
3. Mr. Sammler's Planet, by Saul Bellow
4. The Time It Never Rained, by Elmer Kelton
5. The Thanatos Syndrome, by Walker Percy
6. The Bonfire of the Vanities, by Tom Wolfe
7. Shelley's Heart, by Charles McCarry
8. Gilead, by Marilynne Robinson
9. Freddy and Fredericka, by Mark Helprin
10. No Country for Old Men, by Cormac McCarthy
Admission: I have not read any of these books. I have watched No Country for Old Men, if the movie is a fair representation of the book, I’d say the torture style executions depicted on screen must earn it a spot on the list. Conservatives dig that. Other than that, I can’t really comment on why these works of fiction count as the greatest conservative books of an age.
I have read good reviews of