(1) People fell for caveman style missing link hoaxes 100 years ago;
(2) A report by the IPCC published in 2007 may have contained some imprecise predictions of the effects of AGW on Climate,
(3) There was once a short period in Europe during the dark ages where the WEATHER was warm enough to allow awesome crop yields and the Vikings to hang out in Greenland (of course he does not address GLOBAL CLIMATE during this period).
And when you add this all up, Buchanan’s pining for the dark ages aside, you get the greatest hoax of the (young) 21st century, so to speak. There is too much stupid to debunk in one post so let’s address these points briefly.
(1) People on occasion, so the YouTube tells me, still dress up as Big Foot and run around in the woods trying to fool folks. 50 years ago this may have frightened the bee-jesus out of some folks, but today it is just a lame joke. Nobody believes in Bigfoot anymore.
(2) The 2007 IPCC report was not perfect in its predictions. One such prediction indicated that Himalayan Glaciers could disappear by 2035 instead of 2350 as reported by an Indian Report that was not ready for prime time. This is a fuck up that should have been caught before the report went to print. In fact, by noting that a minor league report was included in the 2007 Report bolsters the importance of peer reviewed science over conjecture by people like Buchanan. And of course, attacking errors in the predictions on the effects of AGW is not the same as an attack on the underlying science.
(3) Buchanan cites a decade old report on weather in the dark ages from a Conservative Economist from a Wingnut Welfare Institution called the Hudson Institute as proof that AGW is a Hoax. If Buchanan is going to complain about the report on Himalayan Glaciers, he can’t have it both ways and use a report from an Economist as a basis to prove the climate scientists are wrong. Actually, reports from Climate Scientist demonstrate that Europe and parts of
Again, this reinforces the arguments against AGW Denial.
Global Warming Denial is appearing to be more and more like a religion with people like Buchanan (and Hinderaker).
And no, snow in winter time does not prove that AGW is a hoax either.